[MPlayer-users] Problem when playing second movie

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Thu Oct 23 17:09:44 CEST 2003

> When I stop the movie and start mplayer again only the upper third of
> the output area is used (showing the lower third of the movie). The
> rest shows what was in the area when I stopped the first session.

Are you running in full screen with -vo xv?  If you are, what happens if you
press F twice, to go out of fullscreen mode and back in again?  Does that fix
the problem?

I wonder if it's related to the bug at the moment where the video overlay
isn't properly created sometimes when mplayer is first loaded?

> If I then restart the X server the first use after that is fine again etc.

Although if you have to restart X to fix the problem, then maybe not...if you
absolutely can't get it to work without restarting X, then it seems like it's
a problem with your video card drivers.  You could try upgrading them to see
if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
Adam.