[MPlayer-users] Error compiling MPlayer with latest Matroska CVS

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 04:06:22 CEST 2003

Moritz Bunkus wrote:

>> I'm presently having major problems with my package-management
>> system (as a partial fix of which I've gone through a major
>> upgrade, including I think gcc and possibly libc6 - though nothing
>> else has broken),
>
> Try the usual thingies in this case, meaning:

> d) Get fresh versions of libebml, libmatroska. Compile, install them.
> Don't forget to run ldconfig.

It occurs to me now to wonder why ldconfig would make a difference, as
AFAIK it deals only with .so files, and at least on my system the
libmatroska/libebml installs put into place only headers and .a files.

In case you haven't figured it out, I still haven't gotten this to work
again, and have no idea where to look next. I don't mind doing the work
and the thinking myself, for the most part, but when I've got not the
least idea where to start short of wiping my root partition and starting
over (which I may just need to do anyway, to fix the above-mentioned
package-management problems, but to which I am very much reluctant to
resort) it can get more than a little frustrating.

--
       The Wanderer