[MPlayer-users] HD (1280x720p) crash

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Fri Oct 24 14:41:47 CEST 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Stefan Recksiegel wrote:

>sr at gaijin:~> xvinfo | grep maximum
>    maximum XvImage size: 1440 x 1080

This doesn't really work. All of my computers say:

tuukkat at s-inf-pc24 1 ~> xvinfo | grep maximum
    maximum XvImage size: 1024 x 1024

But it is certainly lower. For example, on my laptop the maximum is less
than 720x576. xvinfo doesn't take into account available memory, which
limits the maximum size more often than the hard theoretical maximum.

On the other hand, you might get more memory by configuring X server.
Especially on Matrox the max size is much less when 3D is loaded with 16 MB
memory, then it can't do even DVD resolution. Otherwise works fine.