[MPlayer-users] HD (1280x720p) crash

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri Oct 24 18:37:02 CEST 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Stefan Recksiegel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > VDec: vo config request - 1280 x 720 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
> > VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
>
> are you sure your hardware can do a 1280 wide overlay ?

	Apparently it can not do a 1280 wide overlay

> sr at gaijin:~> xvinfo | grep maximum
>     maximum XvImage size: 1440 x 1080
>
> My i810 builtin should be able to do it, but a lot can only
> do 768 or the like.

	The Matrox G400Max says

 maximum XvImage size: 1024 x 1024

	Thank you for the information - very useful.

	Yes, I knew the audio would not play (OggS inside quicktime).

	Using '-vo x11' (not sure why I didn't think of that earlier)
	works but is terribly slow.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz