[MPlayer-users] Playing Real Video?

Daniel Kropveld D.Kropveld at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 25 18:36:04 CEST 2003

On Saturday 25 October 2003 16:20, MvH wrote:
> > Not true.
> >
> > I haven't seen a single stream on omroep.nl that wasn't playable under
Linux,
> > unless the server at that time was completely overloaded.

I studied the thread of this subject sofar, and I managed to save some streams
of tv-broadcasts. :)
Now I am only interested in a sinle item of this newsbroadcast, and I cannot
find an option to select a frame-range while converting to avi.

Then I installed Kino, hoping I would be able to cut the file, but Kino does
not accept the converted avi.

That brings me to another beginners-problem: Because of the very many
different options of mencode it is unclear for me what I should use to create
an avi that will be read by most (windows-) players. Can anybody give me a
hint? (Yes, I read chapter 7)

thanks
--
Daniel Kropveld