[MPlayer-users] mencoder related: Duplicate frames?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Mon Oct 27 09:01:13 CET 2003

Hi!

Currently I am converting (S)VCD's to DivX4, using the described 3-pass
method, with vcd://1 as source. After this step, I will concat all parts to
one big file.

What I could see hereby is:
mencoder constantly reports "duplicate 1 frame(s)!!!", and this message
scrolls through the xterm the whole time, multiple times per second.

Can somebody explain to me why this happens? Both, the "original" and the
generated DivX4 file play absolutely fine!

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch