[MPlayer-users] info on info displayed by mplayer

liane d'ambre liane at ecocentre.org
Tue Oct 28 12:34:47 CET 2003

when i launch mplayer on a file i have many info on screen, i have a few
maybe stupid question about thouse info :
-first question , i have to puter on the first i have :
on the other
What is 3Dnow ? what is SSE ? Is SSE the equivalent of 3Dnow on pentium
cpu ?
If not is it possible to have both 3Dnow and SSE flag activate ?

-seconde question, when i start reading myfile, often divx one on the
hard drive,
i have the following line:
Successfully enabled DPMS.013 ct:  0.006  368/368   9% 12%  1.8% 2 0 0%
i have read that the last number is supposed to be the percent of cache
use by the mplayer process. I have always 0 percent here , what's that
means ? that i have no cache ? Is the cache a HD cache or a RAM one, Or
in other word , is it useful to use cache to play a file who is on the
hard drive.

-i have a tv out connexion on my pentium P4G8 card is there anything i
can do to activate it for mplayer ? all i can see in the doc is advice
to activate tv-out on graphical card.

Thanks for your answer