[MPlayer-users] Getting VPS data?

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer at motorola.com
Tue Oct 28 13:10:23 CET 2003

If you write "VDR PC", then I assume you receive digital video
over DVB. In this case there are _normally_ no VPS signals because
this kind of business should be done by a "running status" flag in a
DVB table for the corresponding program. I don't know if this flag
is evaluated in VDR or if the problem is that the broadcasters just set
it by the clock and not by the actual start of the program.

In analogue TV the VPS signal is transmitted in the same way
as the teletext and I heard rumors that some station repackage the
VPS info into DVB sections just like they do it for the teletext, but somehow
I doubt it.

However, if my first assumption is wrong and you are talking about getting
the right timing for recording from an analogue TV capture card then
my answer is: I don't know. You might want to search for something
called vbidecode.

Regards
Stefan