[MPlayer-users] Getting VPS data?

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Thu Oct 30 10:41:31 CET 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Stefan Gehrer wrote:

> If you write "VDR PC", then I assume you receive digital video
> over DVB. In this case there are _normally_ no VPS signals because
> this kind of business should be done by a "running status" flag in a
> DVB table for the corresponding program. I don't know if this flag
> is evaluated in VDR or if the problem is that the broadcasters just set
> it by the clock and not by the actual start of the program.

The RST (which should be the primary source of running status flags) is
not transmitted at all by most broadcasters (most notably not by anyone on
the European ASTRA satellite).

You can still get RST information from the EIT table, but that's highly
inaccurate, and neither sent nor updated frequently enough.

This omitted RST tables are quite probably intentional (they want you to
record ads); but this might change in the future due to pressure from VCR
makers (RST compatible recorders won't sell too well if RST plain doesn't
work...)

LLaP
bero

--
Ark Linux - Linux for the masses
http://www.arklinux.org/

Redistribution and processing of this message is subject to
http://www.arklinux.org/terms.php