[MPlayer-users] mplayer n00b (i can hear you groan)

Andy Woodhead morbidmarmoset at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 01:11:45 CET 2003

ok. I'm currently running RH8 and have Mplayer 0.9 installed and wanted to
update to 1.0. Im trying to keep a 100% rpm based system (but dont mind
compiling if it'll solve the problem)

anyway...i downloaded:
mplayer-common-1.0pre2-1.athlon.rpm
mplayer-gui-1.0pre2-1.athlon.rpm
mplayer-skin-default-1.0-2.noarch

and executed:
rpm -Uvh mplayer-common-1.0pre2-1.athlon.rpm
mplayer-gui-1.0pre2-1.athlon.rpm mplayer-skin-default-1.0-2.noarch
(on one line obv)

i got a load of messages saying it was conflicting with loadsa stuff (like
python etc). How do i stop this happening. I even tried rpm -Uvh --nodeps
with individual rpms (to make it ignore the cyclic dependancies) and got a
similar output. i can send a copy of the output if you want.

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers
-Andy-