[MPlayer-users] mplayer n00b (i can hear you groan)

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Thu Oct 30 05:07:52 CET 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 12:11:45AM +0000, Andy Woodhead wrote:
> i got a load of messages saying it was conflicting with loadsa stuff (like
> python etc). How do i stop this happening. I even tried rpm -Uvh --nodeps
> with individual rpms (to make it ignore the cyclic dependancies) and got a
> similar output. i can send a copy of the output if you want.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated

Sure, since you're using a packaged mplayer done by someone else, please
write him/her, I mean the package maintainer. Of course it depends where
you've downloaded those RPMs from. MPlayer developers are developers
of the mplayer itself and NOT RPM packages and likes ... Additionally,
dependency problems are fully out of scope of mplayer developers.

- Gábor (larta'H)