[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer screen snapshots

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Oct 31 18:30:58 CET 2003

Well, to put it plainly, I have no clue where to start on this, either. I was hoping someone on the list would pick it up and run with it, but no luck yet.  I did find that ksnapshot works great if you're using the X11 or SDL outputs, but doesn't if the vo uses any form of overlay.  I forget how I got it to snap the frame without pausing, but it does work kinda how I was wanting it to, though in your case if the ccd camera stream is live, doubtful you'll know the exact frame you'll need.  Here is a suggestion, tho: instead of just watching the stream, use mencoder to copy it to disk, then watch it with mplayer and pause to take screenshots with ksnapshot. Or use vo png and tell it what frames you want. I suggest reading through the docs and manpage to find how to use "-ss" and "-frames" for this. Problem with png/jpeg/gif/etc vo's though, they always give you frame 0 no matter what, which is usually black or white depending on your vid.

Also, I suggest sending the same question you sent me to the mailing list, and subscribe until you get an answer maybe, but it is high-traffic of late.

Happy capping!
/SycOtiC Smith