[MPlayer-users] Mencoder encoding to mpeg2

darkshadow at shaw.ca darkshadow at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 4 13:21:32 CEST 2003

This is awesome and with a little fine tuning I may get rid of Winblows for capturing video but I am having a little problem I can't get audio with this command the video is fine but no audio and until I have audio I can't check if it is completely DVD compliant

mencoder tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:width=720:height=480:input=2:norm=ntsc:amode=1:adevice=/dev/dsp:fps=29.97 -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=4096 -of mpeg -o test.mpg

I would like a way to basically have a es-mpeg setup so that I can take the .wav and convert it. -aofile gives an error that it is not a mencoder command

I heard that ffmpeg can natively convert to ac3 but can't find the command from the help info

My little system:

AMD Athlon XP 2600
1GB PC2700 ram
Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum