[MPlayer-users] Re: best graphical card for mplayer

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sat Sep 6 07:42:24 CEST 2003

Sergei Klink wrote:
> Anyways, judging from the amount of flame the topic seems to generate, I'm
> thinking that the situation in general keeps improving - looks like there are
> enough fans of both companies' boards :). The only problem is that we still
> haven't reached an agreement which cards to recommend for sure :(
> Sorry if I offended anyone - I didn't really mean to.

It seems to me it's more a matter of choosing to least of several evils
than being a fan of one company or another. It seems that neither NVidia
nor ATI sufficiently supports their hardware on Free OSes. I'm no fan of
NVidia; I just bought a card with their chip because it was cheap and
does 3D acceleration.

Jonathan Rogers