[MPlayer-users] Re: -vo tdfxfb problem

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Wed Sep 10 09:28:58 CEST 2003

Hi Samuel Rabinowich,

on Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:48:31 UT you wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>    Hi
> I have a pentium 2(128MB Ram) with a voodoo3 card and MDK9. I
> turned on the frame-buffer (compiled into kernel) for voodoo in my
> new 2.4.21 kernel and it works pretty well (through the apend
> parameter in lilo -tdfx:1024x768-16 at 70). Then I compiled mplayer-
> 0.91...with ./configure --enable-tdfxfb. Ok, everything went well. But
> when i run mplayer -vo tdfxfb -fs -double movie_name in my
> framebuffer console then the movie itsn't in fullscreen but in a small
> window (0,5cm x 0,5cm) in the upper-left corner. Where is the
> problem?
That sound like a bug in your compiler or kernel driver. Here it's working
pefectly with a Banshee. Otherwise you may want to try tdfx_vid, if you
have an AGP card, as it's a lot faster than tdfxfb.
I would love some feedback from ppl using a Voodoo3 :)
It's only avaible in the main branch so you'll need to grab the cvs
for that. There's not much doc avaible on tdfx_vid afaik so this post
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-March/016845.html
may be useful.
	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.