[MPlayer-users] NOVIRUS (win)MPlayer interrupted on windows 2k

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat Sep 13 14:57:54 CEST 2003

> I have windows 2000, i don't know, on this system this should work or
> only with XP? Will winmplayer work in win98se?

Dunno. The winmplayer zip contains software that is not even
alpha stage. It is not tested on other systems yet.
I will send an announcement to the list when it is ready for testing.

> On your server lie another file(s); mplayer.zip and mencoder.zip. Is
> this files constains gui mplayer or consol only? Will it work on win2k
> and more important win98se?

Yes those executables should work on win2k,98,xp etc.
You won't have a gui but creating an icon on the desktop and
dropping files onto it works just fine.
Btw. there is a mailing list for windows related questions
called mplayer-cygwin

Sascha