[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer with bt878 (no sound)

James Lancaster james at kirk.math.twsu.edu
Sat Sep 20 21:13:26 CEST 2003

On Friday 19 September 2003 13:37, you wrote:
> $ artsdsp mplayer -tv
> on:device=/dev/video1:driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:input=0:chanel=K02:no
>rm=PAL:chanlist=europe-west gives me picture but no sound (which is
> expected).
>
> With the btaudio loaded I get sound of the video capture on /dev/dsp1,
> tested as shown below. $ rec -d /dev/dsp1 test.au ; artsdsp play test.au ;
> rm -f test.au
>
> Now, how do I get mplayer to play sound along with the picture?
> It should get the sound from /dev/dsp1 and play it on /dev/dsp.

Mplayer won't AFAIK (someone want to please tell me this has changed :) ).
only mencoder supports the btaudio module.

There is a way to do this with sox.
try either:
"sox -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp2"
or leave off the second "-t ossdsp"
This may lead to a very slight audio offset if using any filters.

My solution is to record the video and at the same time play it back (of
course, generally I am trying to record the video input at the same time)

James L