[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer with bt878 (no sound)

Chittaranjan Mandal Chittaranjan.Mandal at cse.iitkgp.edu.eu.org
Sat Sep 20 21:39:30 CEST 2003

On Sunday 21 Sep 2003 12:43 am, James Lancaster wrote:
> > Now, how do I get mplayer to play sound along with the picture?
> > It should get the sound from /dev/dsp1 and play it on /dev/dsp.
>
> Mplayer won't AFAIK (someone want to please tell me this has changed :) ).
> only mencoder supports the btaudio module.
Great! Can you  give me the appropriate mencoder command line.
My working mplayer command line  (without sound) is:
  $ mplayer -tv on:device=/dev/video1:driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:input=0:chanel=K02:norm=PAL:chanlist=europe-west

Note that I can hear the btaudio sound using sox (below), but I need
mencoder to make a vcd of a  camera capture.
  $ sox -w  -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp

Thanks,
Chitta