[MPlayer-users] /dev/fb0 no such device

Felix Cuello felix at anubis.qodiga.com
Tue Sep 23 14:05:17 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 12:44:53PM +1000, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> > "/dev/fb0 not such device."
> I get this error if the framebuffer device isn't loaded.  Make sure it's
> compiled into your kernel or loaded as a module.

For this video card:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo Banshee

I loaded tdfxfb module... but, only can see movies at console(*), not at X,
because my system crashes.

[In other linux distributions, whith exactly the same hardware, I never
loaded any module to see movies with mplayer]

My linux distribution is Debian[woody]/unstable.

(*) At console mplayer does not have keyboard features like change wide
aspect...

Thanks for your help,

regards,

Félix