[MPlayer-users] Dump rtsp Stream from Darwin

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Fri Sep 26 16:09:59 CEST 2003

TNeumann at tv1.de wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]

> Hi,
>
> I want to connect my mplayer (with live.com and aac libs) over rtsp://
> to a darwin server which runs on the same machine.
>
> I want to dump the stream to a file and provide this later on-demand.
> My problem is that no player can play my dump-file.
>
> No WMP, no Quicktime,no RealOne (with envivio)
>
> I start the mplayer with
>
>         mplayer -nocache -idx  -dumpvideo -dumpaudio -dumpfile
> ./mtest.dump rtsp://localhost:554/testcapture.sdp

-dumpvideo and -dumpaudio don't work together ; in your case you wil get
only audio

> Ok, i think with this options it will dump in raw format. But I've
> tried it with
>
>         -ovc qtmpeg4 -oac faad
>
> in the help of -ovc there is the codec qtmpeg4 described as
> "crashing", so i've tried it with ffmepg, too.

why not
mencoder -ovc frameno -o file.avi -oac copy
rtsp://localhost:554/testcapture.sdp

or if you want to play the file with mplayer:

mplayer -rawaudio on:format=<MP4A_FOURCC> file.aac

where <MP4A_FOURCC> is the hex code you have in codecs.conf for AAC

Obviously in no case you will have a qt stream.