[MPlayer-users] vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!

HR haavroed at online.no
Sun Sep 28 22:52:15 CEST 2003

> > vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!
                                      ^^
is printed when DISPLAY is unset, and xv/x11 will not work when DISPLAY
is not set - at least not on my system... Unless X on BSD works
differently from Linux/XFree86, which it ofcourse might, I've never used
it...

> > conversion). Other methods work better for remote viewing.
>
> like which ones?!.....
Has been discussed before, I don't remember what was said. Search the
archives. Check out http://www.videolan.org/ for one.

HR