[MPlayer-users] vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Sep 30 11:23:48 CEST 2003

> at some point i got the messages about the laptop being to slow.

That just means the video couldn't be decoded fast enough.  It can be caused
by a slow CPU, a slow video driver or even adjusting the A/V sync too
quickly.

> i have xv enabled by default in the config.

You didn't say what happened when you tried the x11 driver instead of the xv
driver.

> do i need a special savage driver for this card on my laptop to be able to
> actually use mplayer for video. if that's the case where can i get it?!

You probably wouldn't be able to use the xv extension at all if you didn't
have the special driver (e.g. xvinfo would say "no adaptors present.")

Cheers,
Adam.