[MPlayer-users] Re: [BUG] New LotR:RotK trailer crashes

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Sep 30 01:38:23 CEST 2003

Peter Nelson wrote:
> I'd like to point out that the trailer is now official available
> online.  This new trailer is the same size image, but 30mb instead of
> 20mb and plays fine using the ffmpeg sqv3 decoder.  I'm not really sure
> what the differences are and why this one works, but you can get it here:
>
> http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/returnoftheking/
>
> -Peter

Here's the url to the file itself (I split it into 3 lines).

http://a772.g.akamai.net/5/772/51/dceb98a304a021/1a1a1aaa2198c627970773d8
0669d84574a8d80d3cb12453c02589f25382f668c9329e0375e81785ea61cd36a40938aa0
f83f86ad847ad2189ee59c23097/returnoftheking_m480.mov

The seem to be somewhat different, actually. The crop and scale
dimensions are different. The first one you sent looks like it has too
much color saturation, but higher picture definition and/or better
encoding quality. The first has mp3 audio, and the second has qdm2.
Also, the second has "the following preview has been approved..." and
I don't know what else.

Just out of curiosity, do you know the source of that first one?

-Corey