[MPlayer-users] Can you do this in mencoder ?

Elena Bulanova elenabux at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 11:49:17 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm a new user of mencoder and after a day or two of reading the docs and
experimenting I can encode videos with lavc and lame.
However I'd like to know if mencoder can encode audio to wma1 or wma2. I
believe these are the formats of the divx 3.11a audio encoders in Windows (I
used to encode videos on Windows using these as audio encoders).
Can mencoder do this ?
I downloaded the win32 codecs and installed them. I could not find any docs
on their use in mencoder. What options must be passed to mencoder to use
them ? For example:

  mencoder -ovc XXX

what is XXX for the win32 divx or WMA9 ? Also what are the options for
bitrate, etc. for these codecs ?
Thanks in advance,

Elena