[MPlayer-users] Re: Realaudio dump broken?

alpha0x89 at yahoo.de alpha0x89 at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 8 20:39:15 CEST 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 16:08, I wrote:
> I've tested it with
>
>   rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/radio2/live/r2_dsat_g2.ra
>
> The dumped file doesn't play for two reasons:
> 1. RealPlayer requires the stream duration value in the Media Properties
> Header when playing a RealMedia File. But this value is set to 0 for a live
> stream.
> 2. RealPlayer only plays silence when the mime type in the Media Properties
> Header is set to "audio/x-pn-multirate-realaudio-live". It has to be
> replaced by "audio/x-pn-realaudio".
>
> The appended shell script can be used to convert dumped files into files
> that can be played with RealPlayer:
>
>   ./realfix.sh outfile < infile

Additional notes:

You might have problems with the script when you use a particular system
language (works with english and german; error with italian). The dirty line
is:

frames=`dd bs=$((0x$frame_size+12)) 2>&1 >>"$OUTFILE"|head -n1|cut -f1 -d+`

I found no better way to count the number of the copied data blocks.

There is a third reason when "MPlayer 1.0pre2" is used to dump the stream:
3. The key frame flags in Data Packet Headers are missing.

The attached script fixes this. It should be applied to the output of
"realfix.sh":

./realfix-keyframes.sh file.rm #will modify file.rm

WARNING: This scipt modifies the file that is given as the argument!
Of course this script may also be added to the TOOLS directory.