[MPlayer-users] possible bug with -vf

Philippe Anctil z77y16 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 10 23:24:39 CEST 2004

> > I am fighting with myself over the question whether it is a bug or not?
>If
> > not, then how can I rescale my video without compressing it again?
>
>You can't.

Thanks for answering!

No bug it seems. Okay. Have you got a formal explanation for this? I love
formal explanations. They are often better shaped than my own ideas.

My understanding is this. I could scale down every frame and write a file
corresponding to each of them on disk. But then, I'd have to make a new
video out of all these frames. This obviously cannot be done without
re-encoding into the target format.

Thanks for any additional details!