[MPlayer-users] How do I change the aspect ratio in a lavc encoded .avi file?

Richard Harman richard at richardharman.com
Sun Apr 11 01:11:55 CEST 2004

Hi, I recently goofed up encoding a DVD to divx/ogm, such that the video
compressed in the AVI is the correct frame size (x and y) but the lavc aspect
ratio (-lavcopts aspect=1.5 versus -lavcopts aspect-1.76) was wrong.  I saw
the -force-avi-aspect switch added in CVS after searching the mailing list
archive, but it appears that after re-merging the two audio streams and video
stream back into an ogg container broke the aspect ratio back to 1.5.

Is there any way I can frob the aspect ratio to 1.76 without having to
re-encode the video?  Thanks!

(please cc: me, I'm not subscribed to the list)

"Looks like there'll be no money for you, Crazy Round Man."
                                             - Samurai Jack
Richard G Harman Jr           <me+nospam at richardharman.com>