[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer > 1.x doesn'trecognize myradeon cardwith vidix

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Mon Apr 12 00:18:25 CEST 2004

> > pci bus 0x0001 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x1002 device 0x5157
> >  ATI Radeon 7500 QW
>
> > #define DEVICE_ATI_RADEON_RV200_QW                      0x5157
> > /*Radeon RV200 QW [Radeon 7500]*/
>
> ok definitely correct hardware which is supported and same as mine.
>
> > do _you_ actually have /dev/dhahelper, or is it working without
> it in your
> > system?
>
> yes from an install of prebuilt mplayer package used for comparison
> (however I build and use the CVS and never do a make install)
>
> you could create it yourself as root if desired
> mknod -m 666 /dev/dhahelper c 180 0
>
> from my strace
> open("/dev/dhahelper", O_RDWR|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)
>
> ls -al /dev/dhahelper
> crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     180,   0 Mar 10 17:44 /dev/dhahelper
> which means even if you have it there is a likelyhood it will not open
> but it is not needed for running mplayer as root.
>
> deleting this file also has no effect on running mplayer -vo
> xvidix as root.
>
> it is opening this libdha library but this is what
> actually performs the pci scan used by the vidix drivers.
> library not even loaded normally with my default vo option.
>
> > do you have any more ideas?
>
> yes from your strace log
>
> > open("/usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix/radeon_vid.o", O_RDONLY) = 8
> > read(8,
> "\177ELF\1\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0\3\0\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 1024)
> >\
>
> Look above this is not a shared object. has extension of .o should be .so
> (compare to the other vidix drivers in log)
> This file is possibly just the output of compiling a single .c
> file or object.
>
> you can use the file command to verify this
> file /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix/radeon_vid.so
> output should show shared object
> ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
>
> I would first make sure to copy the file vidix/drivers/radeon_vid.so
> to /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix
>
> and while you are at it might as well delete every other file  in
> /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix
> it is not required to load them and probe for non existant cards
> when you know you have a radeon 7500.

..just wanted to let you know that i am still on the case, but easter held
me up a little. i'll investigate on this further hopefully tomorrow.

interesting might be, that when running ./mplayer in my 1.X version
directory with -vo cvidix the driver atually loads, but i can't use
vesa:vidix (black screen, but running player with detected hardware.) i
depend on vesa vidix for reasons i might describe tomorrow..

all in all i get the feeling, we'll solve this issue.. would be nice!

for now: happy easter............!