[MPlayer-users] why can't mplayer deal with a simple mpeg movie (when Xine can)?

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Mon Apr 12 10:34:01 CEST 2004

I'm talking about the famous dancemonkeyboy.mpeg video showing Steve
Ballmer on-stage, but the same happens to most of my porn collection's
mpeg's:

mplayer is playing the video TOO FAST! the video ends when the sound
track has barely reached 2/3 of its length.

This is with version 1.0-pre3cvs20040404.

On the same videos Xine is doing a fine job of playing them at the
correct speed.

--
                 Turn off your computer and go outside