[MPlayer-users] a bug

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Apr 19 16:21:12 CEST 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:00:39 +0200
Tomasz Bury <ait at op.pl> wrote:

> There was a weird CRC problem in decoding audio but only in mencoder,
> mplayer played it witout any complains. After testing it extensively I
>
> have figured out that passing "-aid XXX" seems to fix this. See the
> details below.

I've had that happen on DVDs, but I never really considered it a bug in
mplayer.  What you should be doing is setting your audio language in
mplayer.conf (eg alang=en), otherwise, all bets are off on what will be
sent to the audio decoder. The fact that other players play it correctly
just means they babysit their users more (and assume a lot).

Then again, maybe the developers will say I'm wrong, and this really is
a bug? Who knows. The difference between bug and feature is arbitrary.