[MPlayer-users] a bug

Tomasz Bury ait at op.pl
Mon Apr 19 17:36:09 CEST 2004

rcooley wrote:

>[...] The fact that other players play it correctly
>just means they babysit their users more (and assume a lot).
>
>Then again, maybe the developers will say I'm wrong, and this really is
>a bug? Who knows. The difference between bug and feature is arbitrary.

The player that "babysits" more than mencoder is... mplayer.
This can be considered as a bug because mplayer and mencoder are family.
But on the other hand mencoder's users should require less babysitting
so mayby you're right that saying it was a feature...

Well, let the mplayer developers decide.

gr,
Tomek