[MPlayer-users] Reg- help me to install mplayer please

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Thu Apr 22 16:22:56 CEST 2004

> i have got mplayer rpm's only for Rh 7.* , can we use
> for Rh 9 ...
> an one more question whether it is machine dependent
> (i.e) i386 or for i686.is it is necesssary to have
> different rpms for different machines...
>
> please help me....don't hesitate to help me....

you will be best to use rpms created for redhat 9 to ensure
library compatability.  rpms for redhat 7x will definitely not
work because they have changed compiler versions since then (among
other reasons).  I'm pretty sure mplayer is part of the standard
redhat distribution, so you should be able to get rpms directly
from redhat.  This is redhat's list of mirror sites.

http://redhat.com/download/mirror.html

aaron