[MPlayer-users] video filters override movie aspect (was: Re: -vo quartz overrides movie aspect)

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri Apr 23 21:15:49 CEST 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> It's probably something unrelated to quartz directly, because I'm
> experiencing similar behaviour with xv, but only with video filters
> enabled. When no filters are active, everything is fine. I haven't been
> able to trace the origin of this bug yet, so I'm afraid it's all I've got
> now. Please see if it behaves similarly with vo quartz.

	Hmmm, I'm not using any filters that I know of (at least not
	explicitly).  A simple:

	mplayer -vo quartz 19150.mpg

Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 480 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
No accelerated colorspace conversion found
SwScaler: using unscaled Planar YV12 -> RGB 32-bit special converter
VO: [quartz] 480x480 => 640x480 RGB 32-bit

	distorts the image but

	mplayer -vo sdl 19150.mpg

Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 480 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [sdl] 480x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12

	works fine.

	No filters are being requested yet in the first case there is the
	"opening video filter: [scale]: being added.   But rather than
	scaling to 640x480 it's actually scaling to 778x480.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz