[MPlayer-users] video filters override movie aspect (was: Re: -vo quartz overrides movie aspect)

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Apr 24 00:48:35 CEST 2004

On Friday, 23 April 2004 at 21:15, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>
> > It's probably something unrelated to quartz directly, because I'm
> > experiencing similar behaviour with xv, but only with video filters
> > enabled. When no filters are active, everything is fine. I haven't been
> > able to trace the origin of this bug yet, so I'm afraid it's all I've got
> > now. Please see if it behaves similarly with vo quartz.
>
> 	Hmmm, I'm not using any filters that I know of (at least not
> 	explicitly).  A simple:
>
> 	mplayer -vo quartz 19150.mpg
>
> Starting playback...
> VDec: vo config request - 480 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
> Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
> Opening video filter: [scale]
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> No accelerated colorspace conversion found
> SwScaler: using unscaled Planar YV12 -> RGB 32-bit special converter

You're using swscaler because your VO doesn't support YV12, that's enough.
Without -vf scale it works the way it should for me, either.

> VO: [quartz] 480x480 => 640x480 RGB 32-bit
>
> 	distorts the image but
>
> 	mplayer -vo sdl 19150.mpg
>
> Starting playback...
> VDec: vo config request - 480 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> VO: [sdl] 480x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12

And here SDL supports YV12, so no swscaler conversion is necessary.

> 	works fine.
>
> 	No filters are being requested yet in the first case there is the
> 	"opening video filter: [scale]: being added.   But rather than
> 	scaling to 640x480 it's actually scaling to 778x480.

So it appears it's the same as in my case with XVideo and swscaler.

Thanks.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer.html