[MPlayer-users] mplayer, kinoma, quicktime

Sergei Gerasenko gerases at publicschoolworks.com
Wed Apr 28 20:48:06 CEST 2004

> Try using -of mpeg when using mpeg1video. Otherwise you get an .avi with
> mpeg1 video inside, which almost only mplayer can play.

Thanks! It worked! Part of the problem was that I was using the 0.92 version of mplayer, which doesn't seem to have the -of
option. Anyway, thanks a bunch.

Do you by any chance know how to jump to an arbitrary position (say in seconds) in the file when using mencoder? I tried -ss
but it didn't work in mencoder. I tried -sb too but I don't think it does anything in mencoder either.