[MPlayer-users] Playback Window Blanking

Andy Choens achoens at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 4 22:13:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

I think this is part of a larger problem and may not be directly caused
by MPlayer itself, but I haven't found the answer anywhere else, so I
thought I'd ask here.

When ever I ask mplayer or gmplayer to play a single file or a DVD,
everything is fine.  But, when I ask it to play several files from a
list, there are problems.  The window blanks but there is no error
output, mplayer still thinks it is playing the video.  In fact, the
sound continues to work flawlessly.  If I force a refresh on the screen,
then the video returns, until that file is done and we're moving on to
the next file.

But, if I play the file using mplayer in instead of gmplayer, things
work fine.  Any ideas why?

I'm running Fedora Core 2 on a Toshiba Laptop.  I used to have mplayer
installed on this same machine when it had SUSE on it, and everything
was fine.  I've been playing around with FC2 and although I like the way
it looks, I'm not sure I like the way it works.

I found one previous reference to this in the archives, but there didn't
seem to be any replies in the thread.

--andy