[MPlayer-users] Need "DUCK TRUEMOTION" Codec !

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Fri Aug 13 22:30:34 CEST 2004

On 2004.08.13 19:38, Harry Depper wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I have a big problem, I have the old game "Star-Trek Klingon" which
> is
> kinda interactive movie and it´s from the year 1996 I think.
>
> The problem is, I can install and start it under Win2k (though it´s
> for win3.11 and win95), I hear sound, but didn´t see any picture.
> Codecviewer told me it is "DUCK TRUEMOTION" and mplayer supports it,
> can open and SEE (!!!) the videos.
>
> So far so good...What I need now is the Codec itself to install for
> my
> system so I can see the videos INGAME!!!
>
> Problem is, that the DUCK Corporation is now ON2 and doesn´t seem to
> support old codecs :(
>
> Anyone can help me out ???
>
> THX in advice !
MPlayer does not use a binary decoder for Duck Truemotion, but an open
source decoder included in libavcodec (part of ffmpeg).
Are you sure the game use a decoder installed in windows multimedia
system and not a provare copy inculded in the game exe?
You can try (no guarantee, i don't even know if it support all codecs
from ffmpeg) to install ffdshow of ffvfw, if the codec is included and
the game uses standard windows decoder, maybe you can get it work.

Also you mention win3.11; be sure that the game uses a 32bit decoder, i
don't know if w2k can handle 16bit vfw codecs.

Good luck.

Ciao,
 Roberto