[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer plugin not workin

airplays55 at yahoo.com airplays55 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 06:44:17 CEST 2004

I installed mplayer into a Debian system with apt-get
so I don't know where to find the configure command to
change the codecs path.  I thought there was a config
file somewhere that I could set the codecs path?

airplays55 at yahoo.com wrote:

> BTW is there someplace in the mplayer config that I
need to
> explicitely declare the directory I put the win32
codecs?  I am
> running knoppix live CD so my /usr/lib is
unwriteable and I would
> need to declare an alternate directory on my ramdisk
under my home
> dir.

If I understand you correctly, and haven't forgotten
my arguments,
./configure --with-win32libdir=<directory> should do
what you want.

Generally speaking, if you have questions like that,
the first place to
look is in ./configure --help; there are many options,
some of them
specifically for resolving these types of issues