[MPlayer-users] subtitles placement - -vf expand problem

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Sun Aug 22 23:02:01 CEST 2004

I have often to place subtitles. -slang fr is easy to use but the fonts are
often unreadable. There is maybe a way to change the fonts.

A solution is to place the subtitles below the picture (more readable). But
then the movie is placed at the center of the image and I have an useless black
band above the movie.

expand=0:-50:0:0

Of course I thought I could do "expand=0:50:0:-50" to displace the image
vertically toward top position but I can't use negative values, only positive
values for displacements toward bottom.

(man: x,y position of original image on the expanded image)

How can I displace the image vertically from bottom toward top position?

Thanks,

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be