[MPlayer-users] output audio to stdout in linux:/dev/audio-playable format?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 19:20:38 CEST 2004

Alexis Huxley wrote:

> Hi, there's probably a much much easier way to do this, ...

> So far, I have lynx to 'unwrap' the http:// wrapping from the rtsp://
> stream, and then I'm calling mplayer ... but I can't make mplayer
> produce something on stdout.

It is not currently possible for MPlayer/MEncoder to output to stdout,
because stdout is presently used for printing some of that text you see
every time you run the program. I'm allegedly working on fixing this,
but the patches I've sent aren't getting much attention, so I've got no
idea how long it will be until the problem is corrected.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.