[MPlayer-users] bzip2 for subtitles?

antoine melser.anton at neuf.fr
Wed Aug 25 18:12:30 CEST 2004

Hi,
I know that mplayer will play subs if all the files are in an rar
archive... what about bzip2? Bzip gives better compression for the sub
files I experimented on, and much better than the rar 2.* that seems to
be compatible with mplayer. And isn't the rar algorithm still patented?
Wouldn't it be easier and safer to have bzip2 compatibility? Wouldn't it
be easier? The man mentions nothing about either, if there are
instructions on using bzip2 somewhere I haven't been able to find then
that would be great!
Cheers
Antoine

--