[MPlayer-users] NODAEMON [more on] a/v desyncs with -oac mp3

fs admin at www0.org
Mon Aug 30 19:03:06 CEST 2004

The desync is constant and is around two hundrend msecs. I used the
latest release of lame after a reader's suggestion and still the same.
Even with mplayer latest release.

It seems that lavc audio with cbr mp3 (I guess it can't do vbr since
it's not documented), works well with latest mplayer cvs and latest
ffmpeg cvs. However, latest lame cvs or release seem to behave worce
that lavc audio in cbr too.

I was wondering if RTC has anything to do with mencoder and I more and
more am convinced this is something local here causing it since I'm
either the only one using -oac or everyone is encoding animations.

BTW, it doesn't matter if -ovc is copy or lavc. all options used are
the absolute minimum.

-fs