[MPlayer-users] encode2mpeg 0.3.1 possible bug but encoding OK

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Wed Dec 1 19:16:18 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 09:09:42AM -0500, Erick Perez wrote:
> And what is the reason for this to happen?

As already told, these messages can be ignored.
The mpeg file is OK.
I don't know why the messages are there.
Some time ago mencoder was not able to produce
"good" mpeg streams. At some point it was able to do it,
but it took some time for me to realize it. Because of
the presence of such messages, I was thinking there were still
problems. I was wrong. After I realised that it was possible to
create valid mpeg streams with mencoder I introduced
mpeg mode in encode2mpeg.

There are other posibble "error" messages in mpeg mode like:

Error in stream: PTS to SCR delay 0 is too little!
Error in stream: PTS earlier than SCR!

All can be ignored.

Giacomo