[MPlayer-users] playlist for a DVD

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Dec 1 21:45:03 CET 2004

Hi,

On Wednesday, 01 December 2004 at 20:02, Carl Karsten wrote:
> To make playing movies in my mPlayer TV box easy, I am putting index.m3u
> on each disk.  It basically looks like this:
>
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:6136,My Nifty Movie
> myniftymovie.avi
>
> liric is set to run mplayer -playlist /mnt/auto/cdrom/index.m3u
>
> great.  Hmm, not so great.  What do I do for DVD's?
>
> My best guess was this:
>
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:6136,My Nifty Movie
> ./VIDEO_TS/
>
> But that didn't work, nor anything else I could think of.

Try simply:
# this plays dvd title 1
dvd://1

Tested and working, provided your dvd-device is set properly.
I believe there's no way to play specific chapters right now,
but I've seen a patch that fixed that somewhere in -dev-eng.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/