[MPlayer-users] cygwin mplayer -dumpstream = no audio?

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Fri Dec 3 18:37:17 CET 2004

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 07:20, Jeff Schiller wrote:

> ./mplayer.exe dvd://3 -chapter 10-10 -dumpstream -dumpfile test.mpg

I'm astonished nobody pointed this out (maybe I just missed it):
-dumpstream will not give you a real .mpg, no matter how you call the
file. Instead you will get a .vob. I have no clue if wmp plays .vob files
but if it does, maybe the file needs to have the correct suffix, so try
renaming it.
Can a .mpg even contain ac3-audio? If yes, try to remux to real mpg:
mencoder dvd://3 -chapter 10-10 -of mpeg -aid 0x80 -ovc copy -oac copy -o
test.mpg

Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown