[MPlayer-users] Bug in bitrate calculation?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Mon Dec 6 11:54:04 CET 2004

Mubashir Cheema wrote:

>When playing this Transport stream clip Mplayer reports its bitrate to be 4500kbps
>
>http://www.pchdtv.com/downloads/tst.tar  (rename to tst.ts after down load)
>
>This is obviously not correct.

it's the value reported in the video bitstream. Yes it's wrong, and yes
it sucks,
but making a demuxer analyze the stream to determine the right bitrate is
slow and not worth the trouble.
If you want to know the real bitrate:

mencoder -o /dev/null -ovc copy -oac copy test.trp
and see the real bitrate in the square parenthesis