[MPlayer-users] Mplayer GUI NOT give sound when using USB audio Headset

Rocky Zhang rocky at userful.com
Tue Dec 7 20:51:20 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 11:58, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> > I use mplayer command and set -ao options, it seems works. The mplayer
> > command is "mplayer -ao alsa:device=hw=1.0 test.asf". I can also write
> > to $HOME/.mplayer/config file. But the mplayer GUI sound seems never
> > work, no sound there. I looked into $HOME/.mplayer/gui.conf, and
> > modified the line " ao_driver = 'alsa' " to " ao_driver =
> > 'alsa:device=hw=1.0' ", and it still does not work.
>
> That doesn't work because that's the wrong way to do it. Use the
> preferences window...
> Editing the config file for the Gui, tststs, that sure isn't the way it
> was supposed to be done ;-)

In fact, I tried to use preference window before. Here is the process:
Preferences -> Audio -> alsa -> configure driver, and "Audio driver
configuration" dialog popup. In the Device, there is a list for one to
select:

"driver default
 default
 hw=0.0
 hw=0.1
 hw=0.2
 surround40
 surround51
 plug=surround40
 plug=surround51"

I think none of them means USB headset. The USB headset device should be
hw=1.0 (you can see from "esd -h" output). I tried every option, it
still not work.

Thanks.

Rocky