[MPlayer-users] video out onto two screens - terrible framedrop with audio on

Andrey Khavryuchenko akhavr at kds.com.ua
Wed Dec 15 14:29:39 CET 2004

Hi!

I'm using recently created and discussed mpmult.sh.  It works ok when
there's no audio or with -ao none.  As soon as a clip has audio stream, the
video windows do teeerrible framedrop with almost no cpu usage

This is not a CPU issue, since even my severly-loaded development server wo
problems show two or three separate video's with their own audio streams,
but 2 times more powerfull video server with no processes beyond minimal
fails to stream.

Questions:
1. What's the reason of this?
2. How can I profile the mplayer actions to discover and fix the reason?
3. How this could be fixed? ;)

OS: Linux 2.4.27-std-up-alt2, MPlayer-1.0-alt15.pre5

Thanks!

--
Andrey V Khavryuchenko            http://www.kds.com.ua/
Silver Bullet Software Solutions  http://www.livejournal.com/~akhavr