[MPlayer-users] video out onto two screens - terrible framedrop with audio on

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Dec 15 18:13:31 CET 2004

Hi,
> I'm using recently created and discussed mpmult.sh.  It works ok when
> there's no audio or with -ao none.  As soon as a clip has audio stream, the
> video windows do teeerrible framedrop with almost no cpu usage
>
> This is not a CPU issue, since even my severly-loaded development server wo
> problems show two or three separate video's with their own audio streams,
> but 2 times more powerfull video server with no processes beyond minimal
> fails to stream.

You really need to give more info. Which version of the mpmult.sh are
you using? which vo and ao? Best give full -v logs for all instances.
Also, if it does framedrop, that's because you enabled framedropping.
Disable it. But I actually think that maybe your video card simply isn't
fast enough to do two video streams. It could also be caused by the rare
task switching by 2.4.x kernels if you use that, using -cache in the
slave instances _might_ help then. I'm sure there are more possible
reasons.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger