[MPlayer-users] mencoder and tv

Matic matic at libero.it
Sun Feb 1 14:07:16 CET 2004

Hi all.
I have tried to use MEncoder 1.0pre3-3.2.3 to record tv from my tv card,
but i don't succeed to record audio stream.
I have tried whit a lot of combination of audio codec (copy, pcm,
mp3lame, lavc) but i always get in a range of time that goes from 3-4
seconds to 90-120 seconds the message:
not enough audio samples!
followed by a million of "error reading audio: File descriptor in bad
state" in few seconds
using "noaudio" as -tv parameter is the only way to make mencoder to
work, but the resultant output is without audio of course.

PS
The audio channel in my tv card is redirect to Line In of my soundcard
PPS
with audio enabled, mencoder works for few seconds, and the resultant
output has the audio

Has anyone my problem ? or a solution of it ?

Thanks to all
Giacomo